This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information. Please read and review carefully.
This Notice Takes effect on April 1, 2003 and will remain in place until we replace it.
- Our pledge regarding medical records
The Privacy of your medical information is important to us. We understand that your medical information is personal and we are committed to protecting it. We create a record of the care and services you receive at our practice. We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. This notice will tell you about the ways we may use and share medical information about you. We also describe your rights and certain duties we have regarding the use and disclosure of your medical information.
- Our legal duty
Law requires us to:
- Keep your medical information private
- Give you notice describing our legal duties, privacy practices, and your rights regarding your medical information.
- Follow the terms of the notice that is now in effect
We have the right to:
- Change our privacy practices and the terms of this notice at any time, provided that law permits the changes.
- Make the changes in our privacy practice and the new terms of our notice effective for all medical information that we keep including information previously created or received before this change.
- Use and disclosure of your medical record – The following section describes different ways that we use and disclose medical information. Not every use or disclosure will be listed, however, we have listed all of the different ways we are permitted to use and disclose medical information. We will not use or disclose your medical information for any reason not listed below without your specific written permission. Any specific written authorization maybe revoked by writing to us at anytime.
We may use medical information to provide you with medical treatment or services. We may disclose medical information about you to other doctors, nurses, technicians, medical students, or other healthcare professionals to help in further treatment of your medical condition(s). We may also disclose medical information to obtain authorization from your insurance company for treatments and/or services.
We may use and disclose your medical information to our billing office and your insurance company to obtain payment for services rendered.
For Healthcare Operations
We may use and disclose your medical information for the purpose of our personal healthcare operations.